On Dec 16, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Jan van Wijk wrote:

> I set the image format to RAW-DNG, and the RAW button
> to 'Continue', so I normally get no JPG's at all.
> One press of the button and all subsequent exposures will
> have an additional 1800x1200 JPG ...

That's an excellent idea. I haven't really explored use of the RAW
button yet, so this is an interesting way to configure the camera. :-)

> The P5000 you mean ?
> Should be out by now ...

Ah yes, I see it is. It supports DNG but the note in the FAQ says "*
not all dng supported" ... they may only support DNGs of known
'native' RAW formats, much like a couple other vendors' software.

> I was rather disappointed that such a feature, which is software
> only is not made available to existing P2000/P4000 units ...

My understanding is that the DNG compression format may require more
than just what is in flash firmware to decode for some devices. This
might also be why the K10D doesn't support compressed DNG.

Godfrey