A scroll of mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Fri, 7 Sep 2001
13:04:09 -0400
Read it? y
>Exactly. An F5 with a 600mm f4.0 isn't significantly bigger and heaver a
>setup than an ME Super with a 600mm f4.0. Heck, even with an 80-200/2.8
>the difference is less significant and this is the kind of setup used by
>many of the working professionals who use the F5.

Subjectively, my mate's F5 with 80-200/2.8 was about the same burden
around the neck as my PZ-1p with FA*80-200/2.8.  I don't know if
they;re exactly the same weight, but they felt about the same.  Mind
you, this was after a whole morning in 30+degrees C heat at a Macau
Grands Prix.

And almost all the *real* motorsports pros there had 600/f4.0 or
bigger lenses over one shoulder, so I guess small lightweight bodies
don't mean much in those circles.

Me, I didn't have a track pass and was reduced to taking pictures of
the girls in bikinis draped across the cars in the paddock.

Hard work, huh?

dave