J. C. O'Connell wrote:

>EDTV is not the same as HDTV, it is somewhere
>in between analog and HD, closer to analog
>however on resolution as its usually DVD
>resolution and sufficent for analog broadcasts. But at that size,
>you dont really need HD resolution.
>
> They (EDTVS) have kinda disappeared from
>the market which is nearly all HD and a few
>cheap small analog model sets now. If you dont
>have a HD STB or at least a digital cable
>box, you wont even be getting EDTV signal quality
>with anything but your DVDs.

Thanks - I wondered about that -  I didn't pay a lot for the TV - by
today's standards for such things.

Andl I do have the digital cable box --  I
have an "introductory" price  which is lower than standard here and I
got it more cheaply
because  it doesn't include the best sports channels or Bravo.
ann