K.Takeshita wrote:
> On 12/18/06 6:36 PM, "J. C. O'Connell", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I am not the psycho stalker chasing people
>
> [snipped for short]
>
>> times, I dont like getting involved in
>> personal attacks, and I dont start them.
>
> JCO, I believe you and tend to agree with you.  You do not want to
> compromise when you think others are unfair, which I again understand.  It
> has just become tedious and there are only a small group of people
> constantly provoking you for fun.  It's like poking a balking dog (sorry for
> the expression, but not about you) with a stick every time he balks, so he
> becomes even more pissed, and people almost enjoy it.  Sorry if I am wrong.
>
> I do not get mad just because a flame war or two might be going (it would be
> silly to get mad in that situation), but this particular situation involving
> JCO is indeed becoming a public mob lynch, and some even post a gross
> montage of Father Ted just for the fun of it.  How nasty is that!
>
> I do not react to what JCO says, as frankly, his logic tends to be sound, to
> your surprise.  He is just so frustrated. But that's just my opinion.
>
> I never kill filed anyone, as I never had to.  If I do not like any thread
> and/or the way it's going, I simply ignore it and delete the wholesale.  I
> never get so emotional to the extent that I have to selectively kill
> anybody's post.  That's just silly.  I have interests in other hobbies etc,
> and I can easily divert my attention there.  But I often quietly subscribe,
> breathe some fresh air, and re-subscribe in a few days, weeks, month or even
> a year or so.
>
> My only complaint is that after a while, it becomes so monotonous yet so
> vicious that I just feel sorry and painful for those getting involved in
> this game which is totally unnecessary.  And it is too easy to mob lynch
> JCO, conveniently ignoring your own sins.
>
> You must have something better to do in this joyous season, and stop
> fighting each other with foul language.  After a while, it is not funny any
> more.
>
> Be happy!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ken

I heartedly agree with Ken.  I hope I am not alone.  Do not remember
where this idea is from, perhaps some hokey science fiction series or
something more serious, but sometimes, in trying to kill the monster we
become the monster ourselves.

Especially during this time of the year, accept the shortcoming of
others and let it go.

Dave