On 20/12/06, Mark Cassino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I assumed that the sensor would 'lock down' somehow when not actively
> engaged in SR. If it didn't - wouldn't shooting in the non-shake
> reduction mode introduce a whole new set of vibration problems (with the
> sensor vibrating in response to internal vibes in the camera body?)

The sensor is locked in place during exposure with SR off by the very
same voice-coil motors that move the sensor during SR but in the case
of SR being off they just aren't modulated. There is no home or lock
down position, rotate the camera about the lens axis and you'll hear
the assembly clunk every 90 degrees.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA