On 12/19/06 11:01 PM, "ann sanfedele", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, I don't remember much controversy - just that caveman was of
> some help when I
> got my first digital camera - the canon powershot a-80  --
>
> Maybe the flames were on when I was traveling

In good old days, flame wars were more of entertainment (as far as I was
concerned), but not like today's vicious war.
Our Caveman was just a cheerful entertainer.
ONLY flame he was battling out was with another old timer in the same
profession as his, and it was never ending.  I do not know how it's started
and why it continued.  But nothing like today's war.  No calling names or
"FF" (name of face :-) etc.
I sort of miss his wit and humour.  Hope he would return to inject some of
his wit in this rather dry and acid atmosphere in recent weeks:-).

Ken