I haven't compared the D80 to a K10D yet.  I did pickup a D80 at Costco
recently though and liked the viewfinder, the LCD screen, and the quick
quiet precision with which it focused the kit lens that was on it.
Subjective perception was that it was quicker and quieter than my *ist D or
the *ist DS but then I don't use little light lenses on these.

I will probably need to get a new Tamron 28-300 FA DI (and all that stuff)
lens for my wife's *ist DS.  The old 28-300 which was being used on my *ist
DS and her ZX-10, seems to be just too heavy and slow when used on the *ist
DS.

Tom C.