Well let's just speculate that Pentax does produce a FF body.  That does not
necessarily mean that APS size lenses go down the tubes does it?  The camera
could sense or one could set a switch indicating that a smaller format lens
is being used, and the resulting raw or .jpg file would not show any
vignetting.

Tom C.