Pentax made FF lenses for years before the APS sensor and have plenty of
usable designs.  The major problems with FF seem to be most apparent
with WA lenses and a properly specified sensor, (and in camera
correction), seems to be a better fix than anything else, based on
Leicas M8, (who's problems don't seem to stem from WA lens
compromises).  If they wish to remain competitive they will have to go
FF especially if their competitors do so.  If Sony releases a FF camera
Pentax will have to, (so will Nikon).  The APS cameras will be relegated
to a secondary roll and may eventually be phased out, (too much of a
commodity and they've been down that road with P&S cameras), don't kid
yourself. Pentax will work to maximize it's profits.  Anyone who
actually wants or needs a 645D will buy one, and a FF Pentax DSLR
probably won't cannibalize any sales from it, (the Canon FF line has
probably done that already).  The 645 D will however have an even higher
Pixel count than the 30mp now projected and will probably be FF as well
by the time it's actually released, (if ever, given the new lay of the
land).

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.
                        --Albert Einstein