On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:13:47AM -0500, Bob Shell wrote:

>        In my opinion just about the only good commercials on US TV
> are GEICO.  They are funny, creative, and they don't just make one
> and run it endlessly.  But nobody else in the ad business seems to be
> paying attention.

The GEICO ones aren't bad - at least they're not exactly run-of-the-mill.
Mind you, I still miss Louie, and the Budweiser frogs.  And there have
been one or two good commercials recently using Star Trek characters
(although they fail as commercials - I can't remember the product).
There are a couple of other commercial series that I'll go back and
watch if I spot a new one during fast-forward;  I don't recall what
they are at present, but I'm sure TiVo knows.