On 12/21/06, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> According to the Wall Street Journal, it less of a merger and more of an
> acquisition.

It was a stock swap deal, only in that Hoya is much larger, hence
Pentax 1 vs. Hoya 0.15 something.
On plus side, pentax did not agree with this under duress and it was
rather Hoya who approached Pentax.
OTOH, I do not know what to make of their statement that Imaging
System Division remail an independent entity under the holding company
(much like Tokina, Kenko?).
That might make the separation or selling of it easier lateron.
But Pentax has been shrewed in surviving in this competitive
environment, and I do not believe they are stupid enough to lower
thier guard.  Or they deliberately wanted to maintain certain autonomy
on camera biz.

Ken