What's with this obsession with digital?

  I showed my flatmate my new LX. He said I shouldn't
have wasted my money. He said I already have a camera
(my MZ-30), and I should have got a digital so that I
can manipulate the images on my computer.

  I don't want digital. I bought an LX because that
was what I wanted. My MZ-30 is so automated. I think I
will use it for snapshots only. If I had wanted a P&S
digital, I would have got a P&S digital. I don't want
to manipulate anything on my computer. I don't want a
camera where you just push the button and it's done. I
want to have far more control over the photo than
that.

Jody.