> Fra: Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Pål Jensen wrote:
> > Mark wrote:
> >
> > The question now
> > is - what kind of camera manufacturer will Hoya be?
> >

> > REPLY:
> >
> > Theres no reason to assume they want to be a camera manufacturer. In the
> > press release it is all about medical and optics; not electronics in
> > digital
> > cameras. This is a way to strenghten Pentax medical and optics division and
> > make them less dependent on the imaging division. The imaging division will
> > almost ceratinly be sold off to some electronics company pretty soon.
> > Pentax
> > don't need it anymore and Hoya never did in the first place. This is a sad
> > day indeed...
> >
> > Pål
>
> But what about the fact that Hoya is already a major camera-gear
> manufacturer?

And the fact that they have kept Tokina despite a low market share (at least in
Norway).  To Tokina this may be good, as they now may get the advantages of a
kamera system that secures some lens sales.  I think they will combine Tokina
and Pentax, and keep both brands.  Tokina for selling lenses to Nikon and
Canon, and Pentax for selling K-mount lenses and cameras.

DagT