One of the things that amuses me is how most people figure this stuff is
about manufacturing and selling things. No, it is about financial
maniplations with the intention of large amounts of cash getting stuck
in your pockets during the transaction. You can believe that the folks
who engineered this are far wealthier than they were a year ago.

 From what I have seen over the years, merger=marriage, acquisition=rape.