Mark

The answer to your question is the lenses.

In a moment of madness I looked at some of the C****n lens reviews to
see what was to be gained if anything by switching to the full frame
5D. The favourite wide lens was the sigma 12-24, which I have in a
Pentax mount. I didn't fancy paying £1000 for a 16-35 Canon zoom with
worse barrel distortion than the Sigma. Their 14mm was twice the price
of the Pentax and not that well thought of. The 20mm prime was
indifferent although at least not astronomically expensive. the 24 1.4
was excellent but only when stopped down and cost another £1000. The
24 2.8 was OK at best and so on

Makes the advantage of a full frame sensor disappear at the wide end.
I even thought of taking a hacksaw to the Pentax mounts and converting
them to Canon.

Has anyone ever tried that? ;> ;>

Peter