On Dec 23, 2006, at 4:30 PM, Jens Bladt wrote:

> I'm sure. I don't know
> about the first question, but I guess HOYA is largely regarded as a
> company
> marketing excellent photographic filters for consumers as well as
> pro's.

Hoya today is a major player in the semiconductor equipment business,
makes hard drive platters and heads, and a wide variety of products
having nothing to do with optics.  See:

http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/sep2005/
pi20050912_6558_pi044.htm

Also see this link for a list of Hoya subsidiary companies:

http://www.hoya.co.jp/CACHE/english/group_content_group5.cfm

And this one for USA optical glass:

http://www.hoyaoptics.com/specialty_glass/optical.htm

We're talking about a large and diversified company, one small part
of which deals with optics, and Pentax will become a small part of that.

Bob