Nenad,

As a US citizen with many friends in the military, I wish sending in ground
troops would not be needed but in this case you are correct. The ONLY way to
be positive the job is done and not cause indiscriminate death is with
ground troops. This will still entail loss of life on both side. The loss of
American military lives is what our leaders have been unwilling to risk for
fear it would not be taken by the average citizen. In the long run, US
military casualties might outnumber terrorist deaths. But if it is not done,
then the US civilian casualties will continue to occur.

And the US must, as we have historically done, help restore the country
afterward so there is something for people to return to and build from.
Otherwise, we are just the next in a long series of conquerors. I know in
the current mood many (from the US) will disagree but this is how you make
allies out of enemies.

JeffW.