From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark
Roberts
Sent: 23. desember 2006 21:13
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: GFM (Possible First Timer)

Walter Hamler wrote:

>Are most of the photo opportunities
>available from the hiking trails, etc?

One of the great advantages of Grandfather Mountain is the variety of
photo locations available to people with widely varying abilities and
levels of fitness. There are a huge number of great photo spots just a
few steps away from a parking spot for your car. Many others just a
short (100 meters or so) away from parking areas (and on good trails),
as well as places where you have to undertake a couple of hours if
hiking over *tough* terrain. There's something for every ability.

Here's one taken while standing *in* the parking lot at the top:
http://www.robertstech.com/pages/gfm_11.htm

This one is from just past the swinging bridge and less than 200m from
the parking lot:
http://www.robertstech.com/pages/gfm_01.htm
This one requires a tough hour-long hike (and (*no* fear of heights!):
http://www.robertstech.com/pages/gfm_21.htm
This one requires an overnight camp-out on the trail:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/feature/d601782.html

>I am not in the best of shape but can walk for upwards of an hour or so
as
>long as I take it slow.

You'll have lots of opportunities. And if all else fails, shoot flower
macros!
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/feature/d601792.html