On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 10:35:28AM -0500, Mark Roberts wrote:
> ann sanfedele wrote:
>
> >earphones would be like being on a leash.
>
> Not if you got wireless earphones (they come with an infra-red
> transmitter)!
> <g>

Those ones are mostly useless - they require line-of-sight.
Anytime they work you're close enough to the TV to hear it
(their main use is for watching the TV without disturbing
others).  But you can get various other kinds of wireless
headphones - we've got several sets from Accoustic Research
(my wife uses a pair at work so she isn't tethered to her
desk, but can still get up to get at the filing cabinets).
I've also got a pair that use Bluetooth technology, although
their primary purpose is to work with my cellphone.