Mark R. wrote:

> Partly as a result of this week's attack, my S.O. and have decided that our
> next
> car will be a gasoline-electric hybrid. When a practical car that doesn't use
> gasoline at all becomes available we'll get one of those. I'm going to buy a
> bicycle and start using it to travel to and from work when weather permits.

Mark,
You might really like it. My friend Dan Schley was one of the first people
in the country to own a Toyota Prius, and he loves it.

My understanding is that the next Honda Civic is going to be a hybrid
electric car.

--Mike

P.S. I still refuse to buy Exxon gasoline because of the Exxon Valdez
incident. I don't care if my actions have no effect; I decided long ago that
I'm not giving my money to those idiots, and that's all there is to it.