On 25/12/06, Paul Stenquist, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Nice. I'm afraid to take a camera to church. The pastor is annoyed
>when people come late or leave early. He might kick my ass if I take
>photos:-)

I'm very careful. Only a couple of snaps during a carol part-way, and
then a half dozen during the last, never during prayer or readings. I
wouldn't like to distract from others' enjoyment/participation of the
service. If I was going to do it properly I would, of course, obtain
permission before hand,and position discreetly and appropriately, but
for a few snaps I'll take my chances. The church is usually next to
empty most of the year. The candle-lit carol service is a well-known
event and over-subscribed. Had to be there 30 minutes early and there
was only a dozen seats left, fortunately upstairs at the back, front
row. My son wanted to go, and it's nice to see folks who used to be
neighbours a year ago. Thanks.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty