Ctein, if you don't already know, is an excellent color printer, a camera
and film reviewer, has, with a colleague, written one of the finest tests
of enlarger lenses, and has been a fan of Pentax gear in the past.

I had the opportunity to meet him at his home some years ago and see first
hand some of his work and methodology.

IMO, he ranks amongst the greats like Ansel and WES and other marvelous
printers and photo artists.

I like Eismanns' work as well.  Her book on retouching is always close at
hand.

Shel