On 28/12/06, William Robb, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I've been spending some time in my back yard taking pictures of my two
>puppies cavorting in the snow. For the most part, I am getting in focus
>pictures using continuous AF. It falls on it's face when my Belgian is
>running right at me ang gets within about 6 meters or so, but she tends to
>be running flat out, and is very fast. I doubt very much if the high end
>Canons would have a better chance in this situation

I don't do much photography if this sort, but I have shot a couple of
football (soccer) matches. Once with the D60, and once with the 1DmII.
The difference was overwhelming, but I put that down to the 'ancient'
technology in the D60. Having used the *ist Ds, I now appreciate how
good the AF in the 1D is.

I've said it many times in the past, but if I knew then what I know now,
I would not have purchased a new D60, I would have gone for a used 1D
(yes, the original 4MP camera). The quick reaction of the AF is pretty
impressive, in both low light and low contrast subjects.

I'll bring the 70-200 2.8 so Bill can have a play at GFM. All we need
now is a few snarling dogs...

--

Cheers,
  Cotty