Hello all!  Found this list after intensely studying Stan's Pentax
page trying to figure out what in the world I was doing with lenses
for my new baby.

I learned on my dad's K1000 (more later) and after a hiatus until
early adulthood I got back into photography but went Canon with an
EOS-3 and a Tokina 28-80/2.8 as my mainstay lens and a couple of
primes.  I went broke feeding film into that camera so when digital
started hitting it big I grabbed a Canon G3 and ditched my EOS
system.  I then had a Sigma SD-9 and then a Sony DMC-V1 that I went
to the extent of getting a Metz 50 MZ-5 system for.

The Sony has long since been wanting to be retired so I started
looking at another bridge camera.  That's when I saw reviews for the
new Pentax K digitals.  I had thought about an ist-D a bit back but
never made the leap.  I went and found the trusty K1000 and sure
enough the M 50/2 and Takumar 135/2.8 were still with it.  Not the
best lenses in the world but hey, a start.  When I saw these would
work with the new digitals I  made the leap and went for K110D
deciding I really didn't need shake reduction.

After much confusion and screwing up of my order I ended up getting
the kit lens which isn't too bad but after doing my first Christmas
photos in Lightroom and PS CS3 beta I saw just how many shots I was
taking at 50 or 55mm.  I was going to get an ultra-wide zoom but
decided to get some manual primes instead given these results but I
can't find an FA50 in stock anywhere with a UPC intact (with the
Pentax rebates going on I wonder where those UPCs went?? hmmmm).

After much debate, back and forth, etc, I picked up an A 50/1.4 from
KEH and saw by complete accident an M 28/3.5 at Adorama and grabbed
both along with the new Metz SCA adapter so hopefully I should be
doing some decent flash work soon.  I did Christmas completely in RAW
with the kit lens, the M 50 and the Takumar and I was really pleased
with how the shots came out aside from the obligatory tweaking I had
to do in Lightroom and PS.  After working with JPEGs for a long time
since the SD-9 (which has a proprietary RAW) working in a RAW
workflow is a godsend.  It was actually a joy to work in Lightroom
and then send images that needed more care over to PS if they needed
it and then have Lightroom recognize the PS update and add that to
the shoot.  Adobe has been doing some great work there.

So, I look forward to tips and suggestions, any thoughts on lens
areas I may wish to fill in would be welcome.  I'm considering
holding out a few months until the new f2.8 zooms come out, the
17-50/2.8 likely being the prime target.

  My meager start is up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wgfinley

Thanks,
Guy