On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 12:18:50PM -0800, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2006, at 11:55 AM, John Francis wrote:
>
> > Well, Detroit might not be interested, but Lotus are - they seem
> > to be planning to market the Tesla.
>
> Getting quite close to release too. I've seen two of them, marked as
> prototypes, on the road in the neighborhood here. Very very cool cars.

There's at least one Tesla running around here that pre-dates the
announcement of the deal with Lotus (although it is built on Lotus
mechanicals). I'm sure Tesla were hoping Lotus would partner with
them to get the car into manufacturing.

The first units to be delivered will be 2007 models
(sold out, but you can order your 2008 roadster now :-).