Actually, I have tried to take pictures with an endoscope:
In the beginning of the eighties - the days of the great LX - the Pentax
importer in Denmark (now known as Fovitech) lend me a Pentax endoscope.
It's a tube / hose with lenses in it. I mounted on a video camera in order
to shoot a film. As a part of my job I had made an architectural model of a
part of at new town.
We needed to show the politicians what a walk in the streets of the new town
would look like.
So, we needed the endoscope to get the shots from a low point of view, that
would be realistic - resemble a film shot from eye level in the small (table
size) model town.

The movie turned out very well (although the images had a circular shape,
not rectangular).
Pentax wanted to help me do this, because they wanted to explore new ways of
using an endocsope for other things than photographing the inside of a human
stomach or whatever stuff like that.

If they ever did develop this use further, I don't know.
Today all this is really obsolete, since we now make virtual CAD "models"
and computer-movies for similar purposes.

Regards
Jens

http://www.jensbladt.dk
+45 56 63 77 11