What happened with my Bird project?

The short answer is I'm doing fine. The long winded version is below. May be
boring for those not very interested. Don't say I didn't warn you ;-)

It is still happening. So far I've shot about 5000 shots. I have managed to
get decent shots of most of the 27 species I've hunted for. Now I am in the
phase of rough editing them. I'm almost done with this stage of the process.

When I'm done with this I'll probably start bothering the list with pictures
again (haven't showed any in some time). I sure could do with some input on
final editing and fine tuning them.

I'm not 100% happy with the pictures from a photographic point of view, but
I believe many of those I've kept will do.

As you may have realised reading the Doomsday thread I'm not very happy with
the weather. At this time of year, rain means to poor light to shoot birds.
But I have good hope it will stop raining after 3 times 40 days of rain. So
some day in future, I may go out shoot again ;-)
The fun part is working in the field.

I haven't really decided what the end product will be, but my intentions are
to present it to local politicians and other who are interested some time
during this spring.

One idea is to give a talk about the birds while showing the images. Another
idea is to make a show in the local gallery. What I decide on depends on how
much the local nature conservation union committee (I'm a member) will take
part of the process. Maybe I'll do both.

In periods I have been rather pessimistic about the outcome of the project.
Those who want to develop the beach have resources, as money and contacts
with the politicians. But a new law is coming. Basically this law means that
semi central governments can stop it. I believe there is a better chance of
breaking trough with them. They are not as easily corrupted by the talk of
money as the local politicians, I hope.

No real news at the crappy lens front? Basically I decided that the Tokina
150-500 was crap ;-)
That's not quite true. But after some testing I decided I was better of with
a prime because I realised I used it mainly at 500mm where the performance
wasn't much. So I re enabled myself first with a Tamron adaptall2 300/2,8
and then a Pentax 500/4,5. They are more semi crappy than crappy lenses. In
fact I think they are pretty good. The 300 also does a decent job with the
1,7x AF converter.

So, for the time being, the crappy lens "project" is of.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)