On 01/01/07, Doug Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've heard people say this repeatedly about shooting through
> polarization, but I've never seen "totally blacked out" due to
> polarizing filters.  Am I just using crap for filters or what?

No, polarizers are very difficult to build to cover the whole visible
spectrum as they are essentially a grating filter. And because they
aren't perfect they can't cancel each other out 100%, so generally
depending on the filter types/quality you end up with deep purples
through to murky browns when two filters are out of phase.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA