I think many of you already know about me.  For those who don't know,
I was Editor of Shutterbug magazine for 20+ years until I was
"voluntarily retired" at the end of 2000.  I've written a bunch of
books on photography subjects; stopped counting after 24.  These days
I make my meager living writing books and magazine articles, and
selling prints of my fine art photography as well as licensing stock
photography use of images.  Most recent book projects: The Complete
Idiot's Guide to Digital Photography Like A Pro ( I did not write the
title!) published last year; The Complete Idiot's Guide to Massage,
due out this April; The Complete Idiot's Guide to Digital Video, due
out late this year; and The Ultimate Exposure Book, a Kodak book due
out some months after I can find the time to finish writing it.

I learned years ago that it was a lot easier to make a living writing
about photography than trying to make a living as a photographer.

Bob