On Jan 2, 2007, at 5:59 AM, Bob Shell wrote:

>> Which is very, very far from what my education prepared me for...
>
> I wonder how many of us are doing what our education prepared us
> for?  In my case I majored in zoology....

My college work metamorphosed from Communications and Creative
Writing to a degree in Mathematics. My college career prepared me for
a wide range of things...

I've worked in the automotive trades as a mechanic, in the
photofinishing business, in the publishing business as a writer/
editor, and as a member of a science/research team at NASA/JPL. And
later for the computer industry doing software engineering,
programming, technical support, and strategic relations liaison.

Since 2004, I have been an independent consultant, specializing in
Mac OS X and photographic/imaging clients, and doing photography.

Godfrey