On 1/3/07, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Standing down in the flat valley really gives these mountains a sense
> of power.  Taken in Utah.
>
> Pentax K10D, A 70-210/4, Handheld
> ISO 100, 1/350 sec @ F/11
>
> http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/snow2006_01.htm

I'm not sure that I'm as thrilled with this one as I am with most of
your other work, Bruce.

A couple of things that bother me:

1)  The tree in the mid-ground on the left is about the same apparent
height as the mountain - it lessens the impact of the massiveness of
the mountain, IMHO.

2)  The dark tree in the foreground seems to be "touching" the tree
mentioned in point one.  I'm distracted from the main subject
(presumabely the mountain) as I ascertain what tree is which.  I don't
mind photos in which there's a lot going on, but with this one, all
this only takes away from the impact of the main subject, without
adding any meaningful narrative.

3)  The dark trunk upper left is a distraction.

But, maybe it's just me...

cheers,
frank