----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Taking Pentax Gear to the Edge

> The cars we love are more fun when driven infrequently. That makes it a
> special event. It also makes it easier to avoid deterioration and dirt. I
> drive my 55 Chevy convertible about 1000 miles a year, much of it on sunny
> summer Sunday afternoons but some on warm summer evenings as well. I put
> it in storage from October to May. In May I change the oil, rotate the
> tires and wash the underside with Fantastik and paper towels. The topside
> is never allowed to get dirty. If it shows a smudge, it's removed with
> detailing spray. Water is never allowed anywhere near the car. I've had it
> for seven years, and it still looks and drives like it just rolled out of
> the showroom.

I can relate. A buddy of mine owns a car wash and a 65 Fairlane that he has
poured about 10 million hours of love into. His winter project this year was
to hand polish the aluminium trim until it looked like stainless steel.
If he drives it to work and it rains he pulls it into one of the bays and
puts a cover over it to protect it from spray.
It is NEVER out of the garage until the streets have been swept in the
spring.

William Robb