Why do some  lenses go over infinity focus? What is that good for?
greetings
Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Gonz
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:10 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: A couple of PESOs

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You need to like dogs for this one.
> http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/recent/bigtongue.html
>
> I decided to do my own full moon picture tonight. I don't know why.
> This was shot with the K10 behind the A600/5.6 and 2XL teleconverter. The
> camera was mounted to the Wimberley head on the Zone VI Standard tripod,
but
> I decided to leave shake reduction on anyway.
> This is a bit of a crop, but not much.
> http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/recent/fullmoon.html

The moon picture looks a little soft, that could be because of the SR
interacting with the tripod, or the light cloud cover you mentioned.
But it almost looks as if the focus is not right.  My 300mm has the
problem that infinity focus is just slightly before you reach the end of
the focus range, and I have to be careful with shots like this.  Might
you have a similar problem?

--
Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I
was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's

14:58