On Jan 4, 2007, at 5:37 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This all sounds like upgrading to WinXP, which I am definitely not
> planning. I like RSE, and am accostumed to work with it, and which
> works
> fine for me. It was a question of editing one file once, to make it
> continue working for me, no hassle.

Since I am on Mac, um, no!

You're still running Windows 98?  Well, sooner or later I think
you're going to have to move on because more and more programs are
requiring Windows XP.  Personally, buying a nice camera like a K100D
or K110D and then using a clunky program to edit the photos is sort
of like buying a new car and then going out and putting cheap tires
on it -- what's the point?

I know some folks are resistant to adopt new technologies sometimes
(i.e. What I have works fine) but as someone who has used photo
editing software going back a number of years, the vast improvements
that are being made are worth the upgrades.  As far as system
requirements, etc, you'd have to check the Adobe Labs website (http://
labs.adobe.com) and see what they are, I'm not sure.  Also, how fine
is it working if you have to spend gobs of time trying to alter the
files to get them to work?  Sounds like it isn't working so fine to me.

> Of course, valuable knowledge of pixmantec has been bought by
> Adobe, so
> I'm sure these will be great programs.
>
> Pancho

Well, what you might need to know is that pixmantec is not supporting
RSE any longer, if you followed that link I sent you'd see where they
are suggesting moving on to Lightroom.

--Guy