Jaume Lahuerta wrote:
> I think that you refer to the Fuji F30, that it is supposed to be the best
> compact regarding high ISO performance.
>
> The Canon PowerShot A series are also a good value, with lots of manual
> settings (A710IS, A640...).

I've recently bought a Canon A630.  Excellent value for money, and
produces a quality image to boot.  8Mp.  Noisy at higher ISOs, but
certainly not as noisy as some, and that's easily fixed with noise
reduction software.  Good colour rendition and sharpness for the price.
And it used AA batteries.

It's not a small camera - if you're after a slim, pocketable one look
elsewhere.  For me it's a sensible size - good grip, and all buttons are
easily acessible for fat fingers.

Hope this helps!

Ciao,

Peter in Sydney