Looks interesting although it doesn't seem much different than the "Scotch
Tape" method that a few brave people have been using  for cleaning.  Good
results have been reported but it's generally considered risky.  Never been
game to try it myself....

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00BvE7

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

Quoting Perry Pellechia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I just came across an article/press release on this interesting
> new
> product for DSLR sensor cleaning.  Seem like a simple approach.
>
> http://www.dust-aid.com/
>
> It uses "low" adhesive tape to remove dust off the sensor.  As a
> chemist, I am not sure about the FT-IR method for judging that no
> contamination of the surface occurs.  However, even if there is
> trace
> residue of the adhesive after repeated cleanings, the solvent
> based
> methods of sensor cleaning should handle it.
>
> Perry.
>

> On 1/1/07, Russell Kerstetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a couple specks of dirt on my sensor that I cannot break
> free
> > with only my blower (brush removed).  I have had this before,
> and
> > persistent blowing removed the speck, but not this time.  A
> quick
> > search on B&H showed tools ranging from $10 - $220, and one of
> my
> > local shops charges $60 to do it for me.  What tools and/or
> chemicals
> > do you use?  Are CCD brushes the same thing as the blower brush
> that I
> > use for my lenses?  Thanks.
> >
> > Russ
> >
> > --
> > PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
> > PDML@pdml.net

> Perry Pellechia
>
> Primary email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Alternate email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Home Page: http://homer.chem.sc.edu/perry

Accredited Online Master's Degrees
Find 700+ online master degrees from accredited colleges. Request info
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUjFsQjd4pq9qtOvO29hL7Lv9lZrHFoqK/