----- Original Message -----
From: "john vanderaalst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 1:50 PM
Subject: Forget about this one.......????

> Hi,
>
> I just read the new Chasseur DÍmages.

There has been discussions in the past about Chasseur DÍmages'
tests and testing procedures. I think the consensus of the
people on the list that know about this stuff is that Chasseur
DÍmages basically has there collective heads up their asses
regarding lens tests in general, and Pentax lenses in
particular.
William Robb

> They tested the pentax 1.8/31, the FA4/200 and the new 28-105.
> They find them to be okay, though all ( and especially the
first two) to
> be expensive. This is becoming typical for Pentax, they write.
>
> They also test teleconverters, and their verdict on the
> Pentax-converters is pretty strong...the autofocus 1.7
converter they
> call hopelessly bad and "forget about this one", while they
call the
> Pentax A 1.4 converter "of anecdotical interest only".
>
> Strange, especially with the 1.7 AF converter I have made
photographs
> that were sharp and contrasty, and I was, in fact, quite
pleased with