Hi!

David Mann wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2007, at 11:57 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:
>
>> You could always disable cell phones inside buildings, like any other
>> radio transceiver, just put one in a *Faraday cage.*
>
> A lot easier said than done on that kind of scale.  It's quite hard
> to effectively shield a room against RF, especially when there are
> things like doors, windows, A/C vents and power/phone cables involved.
>
> I think this may be one of those problems where a level of technology
> from the caveman era might be more applicable.
>
> - Dave

Dave, you don't have to shield the room perfectly. All you have to do is
to make signal deteriorate enough to make communication unstable. Given
that cell phone operation practically stops working (at least in Israel,
and trust we have *lots* of cells installed) two stories below in
underground parking, I reckon it should be reasonably easy to do ;-).

Boris