I (till now) do not have any sort of proper organization, no proper
softwares and of course no proper workflow.

The K10S acquisition lead me to think it is time to do things the proper way.

But before going deeply into all sorts of question, the first thing
IMO is softwares.
I know (more or less) about the different softwares I need but there's
something which is of very high importance for me. I tend for a couple
of reasons to work both on laptop and on main computer and
additionaly, I tend to reinstall all the system once in a while when I
judge that the whole thing feels too slow to my taste.

It has this little consequence that at least the way I'd like to
rate/organize my photos should be preserved if I move
computer/reinstall my computer.
I can decide to store everything on an external USB hard drive if it
helps (probably does) but I should be able to import the whole thing
and work as before easily.

PS (or equivalent) can be reinstalled easily it isn't a problem. I
suppose there is a way to import back preferences and settings from
the previous install etc...

Is this possible with Lightroom/PS (or Lightroom PSE) or even Bridge/PS ?

Any advice on this from you, experts? ;)

--

Thibault Massart aka Thibouille