Hi!

Doug Franklin wrote:
> Shel Belinkoff wrote:
>
>> I believe the meaning of the pic would
>> change remarkably for many people in each situation, yet it's the same,
>> simple pic - a fence painted to resemble the flag.
>
> It's the thing that annoys me most about so many discussions of "art"
> and "is this art" or "is that art".  What's so often missing in those
> discussions is the role of the viewer, reader, listener, or whatever.
> It's not art just because the person who created says it's art ... or is it?

Doug, Shel, and others, this is fascinating discussion here. When I
looked at the picture I did not feel any particular emotion except that
here is yet another technically excellent photo from Shel, and why would
he shot from tripod at 1/800 sec shutter speed.

However, I myself just a few days ago conceived a project where I would
try to show the other side of happy life in Israel mostly in a sense of
what I would call post-Zionism. This of course is totally different
matter, but it would seem to me fitting to mention this in a context of
this conversation.

Shel, you definitely were very successful this time.

Boris