I forget all the questions asked in the original post, but after seeing some
of the discussion being thrown back and forth I felt the need to add my two
(or 3, or 4) cents. Digital is a wonderful medium for photography. My
business is sports photography. When I shoot a little league game, the film
is dropped off at Wal-Mart to be processed onto a CD (I wouldn't ordinarily
do this but the new wal-mart around the corner from my house has new digital
equipment that rivals the quality from the pro lab I normally use). Proofs
are placed on my website and proof sheets are printed out. When I shoot for
a newspaper, the film is either taken to Wal-Mart or developed myself (if
it's b&w). It is then trasmitted electronically to the paper (if I can not
get to the office). In both cases, having a professional digital body that I
can use all of my existing Pentax accessories on would prove to be an
incredible addition to my system. I yearn for the day when I can show
parents proofs from their child's little league game as they are leaving the
park. Or when I can simply download the high school game to the puter
without having to bother with processing and scanning. I have been ready to
go completely digital for almost as long as I've been working with
newspapers, eagerly awaiting the day that Pentax would announce a digital
K-mount body.

I must stress that I understand that digital is not a viable or desired
medium for everyone. Then again, neither is any other photographic medium. I
think I've shot two maybe three rolls of slide film in my 2 year photography
career. Because it's inferior? No, because it does not suit my needs or
desires. This undending bickering over whether or not film (or digital) is
the ultimate solve all for all our particular photographic tastes will
simply go nowhere. I don't think film will ever die, period. We still have
hunters that utilize primitive archery gear, film is here to stay. Even when
I purchase whatever new digital wonder Pentax releases, I will still have my
wonderful K1000.

Nick Wright
www.wrightfoto.com