On Jan 8, 2007, at 11:29 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> Just pop your SD card in your DSLR only upside down and push real
> hard, you'll find something will break but most often it's the card.
> I'm also hearing more anecdotes about dirty contacts on SD cards
> causing read/write unreliability. Nothing's fool proof.

My real world experience with both formats (40,000 exposures on CF
cards, 60,000 exposures on SD cards) is that both work fine in my
hands. But I much prefer the SD cards for their size, ease of getting
in and out of the camera and reader.

I have had ZERO problem SD cards, and ONE problem CF card.

SD card contacts are a broad, self-wiping design, and easy to clean,
so dirt on them is much less of an issue than a bent pin in a CF card
cage.

Godfrey