When I studied linguistics it was drilled into us that there isn't
really any such thing as 'correct' grammar.

Nevertheless, my previous schooling had instilled certain things into
me, and one of the Americanisms I wince at (or, at which I wince!) is
'the secret to ...'. For example, 'the secret to good spelling is to
miss out the U'. It really puts my teeth on edge. I would be happier
if everybody said 'the secret of'.

--
 Bob