Hand guns don't cause crime, if that were true once Great Britain banned
all hand guns, (and made shotgun ownership much more difficult), violent
crime would have been eliminated, in fact it increased, (violent crime
rates in England are now higher than in the US).  I doubt that smuggling
firearms is the cause of violent crime in Canada, it's a symptom of
something else.

K.Takeshita wrote:
> On 1/09/07 7:54 PM, "P. J. Alling", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Don't let him fool you they've got lots of guns...
>>
>> http://www.garrybreitkreuz.com/breitkreuzgpress/GunControl50.htm
>>

> I shoot (but not score :-).
> Frank was just symbolic, but gun control here (with its shortfalls) is far
> stricter than in U.S. and while crimes using guns are increasing every year,
> it is nowhere near U.S..  In fact, the most problem here is illegal guns
> brought in from U.S.
> While I have been a target shooter for over 30 years, I am all for gun
> control, particularly handguns.  There is no need of handguns for average
> civilians, except for truly serious and competent sports shooters and in
> some special situations.
>
> Canada has a vast rural area where gun possession is prevalent (that's where
> most guns are).  But vast majority of gun crime occurs in urban area and in
> just recent 10 years or so, which is really regrettable.
> When we came here, we almost never heard of any gun crime.
>
> Sigh....
>
> Ken

The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
                        -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael