----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian" Subject: Re: PESO - American Fence

> William Robb wrote:
>>
>> Our health care system is pretty mucked up at the moment,
>
> Thank you for admitting that.

It's not an admission, it's the plain truth.

>> The feds are commited to universal health care, with no allowance
>> made for private care.
>
> Which I find utterly ridiculous.  You should have the option to pay for
> "better" care.

The argument (which I don't necessarily argree with) is that there is, in
reality, a finite amount of health care resources available, be it public or
private. Private health care sucks care resources from the poorer segments
of society, which you confirm below.

>> my impression is
>> that if you don't have health insurance you are petty much screwed
>
> Totally agree, and this is where the US is lacking.  We need better
> universal care but not at the expense of good health care plans.

What we need is a quality of universal health care that negates the need for
private health plans.

>> We may have more long guns per capita
>
> I believe knarf wrote "no guns."  Long guns IS guns and they kill just
> as good, if not better than, hand guns.  I loved "Bowling for
> Columbine."  (flame retardant suit: ON). :-)

They kill better, but really, are they used as frequently to kill as many?

William Robb