----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: PESO - American Fence

> frank theriault  wrote:
>> In addition, the slaughter, almost to extinction, of the American
>> Bison was a conscientious attempt to eliminate something that, both
>> physically and spiritually, was necessary to Native survival in the
>> West.
>>
> The extinction of the bison was largely the result of an attempt to feed
> the men who built the transcontinental railroad.

Nope, sorry. You've been fed bad information at a young age. The bison hunts
were a deliberate attempt by the American government to end the Indian wars
by removing their main source of sustenance, and to make said Indians bow to
the will of the invading army.
Like I said, my dad was a student of native history.

William Robb