From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Godfrey DiGiorgi
Sent: 11. januar 2007 00:51
To: DUG; PDML List; PAW; SeePhoto Talk
Subject: PAW 2007 - 01 - GDG

I am still behind getting the rest of the 2006 weeks posted, but I'm
almost recovered from my trip to Nashville TN and thought I should
*start* 2007.

Frankly, I was sick with a stomach flu most of the time I was there
and took only a few photos. I like this street scene but didn't have
the energy or chance to try to do it better. The Pentax K10D's water
proofing did come in handy ...

   http://homepage.mac.com/ramarren/photo/PAW7/01.htm

The contrast range was extreme so I expected noise in sky and shadows
at ISO 800 ... In the full resolution version going to a print, it's
quite nice with a deep, grainy appeal, and I think it's ok on the
small one. The half-rez scaling did a bit of ugliness to it. Anyway,
although it's not the only picture I have from the week to post, it's
the one that's most appealing to me in a pictorial way right now. I
will likely do some more renderings ... there are some rather more
'processed' versions that I am beginning to like. ;-)

Comments, critique, tomatoslinging all happily appreciated.

enjoy
Godfrey