On 13/01/07, keith_w <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> > Brian Walters wrote:
> >> John
> >>
> >> Don't know if this will help but I find both the foillowing links
> >> useful, particularly the gamma charts in the first link.
> >>
> >> http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Gamma.htm
>

> > but pls. remeber to use gamma 2.2 , as this is the standard.
>
> For whom? For what?

Gamma 2.2 (sRGB) is most the definitely current defacto web/untagged
image gamma. Most monitors/computer systems even if uncalibrated
generally are closest to gamma 2.2 and most applications that aren't
colour space aware expect to be dealing with gamma 2.2 images. Deviate
from G2.2 and don't expect to be viewing images the same as the vast
majority of other Internet users (unless of course you are clever
enough to force all untagged images to render as G2.2)

Some reading:

A Standard Default Color Space for the Internet - sRGB
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/Color/sRGB

sRGB color space
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB_color_space

sRGB: A Standard Color Space

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio//publications/
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998