On 1/13/07 8:13 AM, "Boris Liberman", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bruce, if you mean "man's intrusion" to nature's world, then I am sorry
> to tell you but you missed the target in the eyes of this very viewer.
>
> Technically excellent as usual, but I am confused by what I see and the
> title.
>
> Boris
>

> Bruce Dayton wrote:
>> Taken on a morning walk yesterday.
>>
>> Pentax K10D, A 70-210/4, Handheld
>> ISO 400, f/8
>>
>> http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_4227.htm
>>
>> Comments welcome

Hi Boris,

This is not to challenge your comment, people have different takes on
different things but somehow this shot struck me.
I commented before but most of viewers seem to have dismissed it.
I do not know what made Bruce shoot this scene when he encountered it, or
whether he titled it post-shooting.
Either way, I thought the title was appropriate.  In fact, it is the only
way to explain this scene.  Otherwise, this is just another snap shot.
When I first looked at this shot, two things immediately struck me.

1. Just too many concrete piles for seemingly narrow span of whatever is on
top of it.  They could design it much better.

2. The way piles are placed looks like designers muscled them into soil with
no regard to the nature.

This little brook and surroundings might be no park and not much worth to
protect but it's just too many piles.

Just the way it looked to me....

Ken