On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 12:17:04PM -0500, Bob Shell wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Y. Rowe wrote:
>
> > Photobucket does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content
> > that you
> > choose to post to the Site. After posting User Content to the Site,
> > you
> > continue to retain all ownership or license rights in your User
> > Content and
> > you continue to have the right to use your User Content as you did
> > prior to
> > such posting. However, by posting or making User Content available
> > through
> > the Site or via the Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket a
> > nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide license to use,
> > copy,
> > modify, prepare derivative works from, distribute, publicly display
> > and
> > publicly perform (whether by means of a digital audio transmission or
> > otherwise)..."
>
> Anyone would be a fool to agree to that.
>
> Bob

It's pretty much standard for a lot of the photo sharing sites, and
for image display sections of other social networking sites, etc.

My guess is that it's lawerspeak for "if one of your images gets
used in our promotional material (such as, say, a screenshot) you
can't sue us or bill us", but it's really worded much to broadly.